First thing’s first: Learn to read a recipe. (Don’t worry I’ll update this with a link once I pull the article over.)
Next, you should decide on a recipe or two to try. If you’re not sure what to choose, I’ve gone through several posts about what millennials “should” be able to cook by the time we turn 30. I’ve cherry-picked some simple classics to get started. I have already made some of these, so I’ll redo some of my old blog posts. Others are goals even for me!
- Eggs Three Ways
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Roast Chicken
- Roasted Vegetables
- Macaroni & Cheese (Not from a box)
- Spaghetti & Meatballs with Homemade Sauce
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pulled Pork
- Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes
- Salad and Homemade Salad Dressing
- Cake with Homemade Frosting
Are these good options? Are there foods you would like to change or add? Should I cook them in this order or are there recipes you would rather start with first? Comment below and let me know!