Easter is a time for brunches and family dinners, but it’s also a time for candy and sweets straight from the Easter bunny! When you’re going to see your friends or family for a party or dinner, you should always bring something with you. Here’s a sweet treat you can bring for dessert without too much frantic effort. Plus they’re adorable! Happy Easter! Enjoy these cute Easter dirt cups.
- Fresh strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- Bag of orange candy melts (from Michael’s or Jo-Ann Fabrics)
- Crushed Oreos
- 1 large box chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. Melt the bag of candy melts, except for about 15 discs.
I used the microwave to melt the chocolate discs. I put it in a small glass bowl for 1 minute. Then repeat in 30 second intervals, stirring each time.
3. Grab the strawberries by the stem. Dip both sides in chocolate, then place on the parchment paper. Repeat with all the strawberries.
4. Put the strawberries in the fridge until the chocolate hardens.
5. Take a sandwich bag and cut the tip of it off. Melt the rest of the discs. Pour the melted chocolate into the sandwich bag. Close the bag and twist it. Drizzle over the strawberries. Let sit.
6. Make the chocolate pudding according to the instructions on the box.
I made the pudding first so it could sit in the fridge while I worked on everything else.
7. Put some crushed Oreos on the bottom of some clear cups. Pour pudding over top of them.
8. Top with more crushed Oreos. Press a strawberry into the center.
9. Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve/bring them to the party!