A Finnish recipe went viral on TikTok and supposedly caused a shortage of the Greek cheese in the country. I started following my a video on TikTok and then decided to take some things from my pantry and get creative! I’ll be sharing the results with you today. This simple pasta has a lot of potential for customizing flavors, so feel free to share your recommendations.
- Fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, 1 or 2 containers
- Feta cheese (1 block, but a container of crumbled will work just fine)
- Olive oil
- Tuscan dried herbs (about 1-2 Tbsp)
- Tri-color rotini pasta
- Salt and pepper
*Note: There are tons of Tuscan herb mixes out there. Make your own or buy some from the store. Mine included dried oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, cayenne, and fennel.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash your tomatoes, dry, and place in a glass baking pan. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix. There should be plenty of olive oil to coat the tomatoes.
- Make a space in the center of the tomatoes for the feta. Drizzle the feta with more olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- While the tomatoes and feta bake, cook your tricolor pasta to al dente. Strain when done cooking.
- When the tomatoes are done, remove from the oven. Break up the cheese and stir. Be careful of the tomatoes! They might pop and spray hot tomato juice!
- Add Tuscan herbs to the baking pan. Mix again.
- Add the pasta. Stir one last time and serve!